A Pan-Fry/Stir-Fry recipe with Harris Teeter Reserve Angus Chuck steak
Braised Beef with Tomato Garlic White Beans
- 4 6-ounce Harris Teeter beef chuck steaks, cut ¾ to 1 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups onion, chopped
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- Grated or shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet and brown evenly. Pour off drippings. Add onions, tomatoes, salt and pepper to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat.
- Cover tightly, and simmer 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours or until beef is fork-tender. Remove steaks only and keep warm.
- Stir beans into cooking liquid and bring to a boil. Reduce heat slightly, and cook 7 to 10 minutes or until sauce is thickened, stirring frequently.
- Stir in spinach and then remove skillet from heat. Let stand 1 minute. Serve steaks with bean mixture. Sprinkle with cheese, if desired.