- 4 Harris Teeter beef boneless strip loin steaks, cut 1-inch thick (about 2 pounds total)
- 2 tablespoons crumbled Gorgonzola or blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons onion-garlic cream cheese, softened
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Thinly sliced fresh basil or chopped parsley (optional)
- Preheat grill to medium. Grill steaks on rack, uncovered, turning once. Cook 8 to 12 minutes or until the temperature reaches 135° F on an internal meat thermometer for medium-rare doneness.
- Meanwhile, for flavored butter, stir together Gorgonzola or blue cheese, cream cheese, butter and nuts. Shape into 1-inch-diameter log. Wrap in plastic wrap, and chill. Cut flavored butter into 8 slices.
- Place 1 to 2 slices of flavored butter on each steak. Sprinkle with basil or parsley, if desired.
Note: If you have any leftover flavored butter, use it as a spread on French bread, on toasted pieces of Italian bread topped with slices of Roma tomatoes, on baked potatoes or in mashed potatoes.