A Oven Roast recipe with Harris Teeter Reserve Angus Eye of round
Classic Oven Roasted Standing Roast
- 1 3- to 4-pound Harris Teeter beef boneless eye-of-round roast, tied
- 2 to 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 250°. Season tied roast liberally with kosher salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven or heavy-duty roasting pan over medium-high heat until just smoking. Sear roast on all sides until well browned, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Place roast, uncovered, in the preheated 250° F oven and cook 45 minutes to 1 hour until an internal meat thermometer inserted in the center of the roast registers 110° F. Increase the oven temperature to 500° F and cook approximately 10 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 130° F for medium.
- Remove roast from the Dutch oven or roasting pan and place on a cutting board. Loosely tent with aluminum foil and let stand for 20 minutes. Internal temperature will rise to 145° F for medium doneness. Snip the twine and cut across the grain into thin slices and serve with pan juices.