A Pan-Fry/Stir-Fry recipe with Harris Teeter Reserve Angus Flank, Reserve Angus Inside skirt or USDA Certified Tender Top blade
Early Morning Fajitas
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 1-pound Harris Teeter beef flank steak
- 1 small white onion, thinly sliced
- ½ small green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 6 8-inch flour tortillas
- ½ cup Colby Jack cheese
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown steak until it reaches 135° F on an internal meat thermometer for medium-rare doneness. Remove from skillet, and set aside.
- In same skillet, add onions, green bell peppers, red bell peppers, salt, pepper and cumin. Sauté about 5 minutes until tender.
- Add eggs, and scramble. Return beef to mixture. Heat for 1 minute.
- Heat flour tortillas on a hot skillet or griddle. Evenly distribute beef and egg mixture onto flour tortillas, sprinkle with cheese, and roll into burritos. Serve with your favorite salsa.