- 2 Harris Teeter ribeye steaks
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ½ tablespoons thyme leaves fresh, chopped
- 2 tablespoons rosemary leaves fresh, chopped
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, coarse ground
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- ½ cup olive oil
- In a pot, combine the garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt, pepper, lemon zest and juice, and olive oil. Warm over medium heat for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Coat both sides of the steaks with the marinade. (If you are going to cook the steaks the same day, cover the steaks in plastic wrap and marinate at room temperature for 1 hour. If you marinate overnight, remove the steaks from the fridge at least 30 minutes before cooking.)
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Cook the steaks on the grill for about 5 to 6 minutes per side (medium rare, 135°F internal temperature). Remove the steaks and let stand for a few minutes before eating.
Serving suggestion: roasted potatoes with onions and steamed seasoned green beans.