A Grill/Broil recipe with Harris Teeter USDA Certified Tender Tenderloin
Molasses Glazed Filets Mignons with Cracked Black Pepper
- 4 Harris Teeter beef filets mignons
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, finely grated
- ¼ cup dark rum
- 1 cup dark molasses
- 3 cups orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 3 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- Kosher salt, as desired
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to medium.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until almost smoking, and cook onions until soft, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and gingerroot, and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Add rum, and reduce until completely dry.
- Add molasses, orange juice and pepper. Season with salt, as desired, and cook until reduced to 1 cup, about 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool at room temperature.
- Brush beef with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, and season with salt, as desired. Grill mignons 4 minutes until seared on one side. Turn over, and baste with Molasses Glaze. Continue grilling for 3 minutes. Turn over, baste, and grill for 2 to 3 minutes more (a total of 10 minutes) until the filets mignons reach 135° F on an internal meat thermometer for medium-rare doneness.
- Let rest 10 minutes, and serve.