A Grill/Broil recipe with Harris Teeter Reserve Angus Sirloin or USDA Certified Tender Strip loin
Peppered New York Strip Steaks
- 4 Harris Teeter beef New York strip steaks
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 4 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, combine steak sauce, thyme, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Sprinkle steaks on both sides with salt. Spoon about 2 teaspoons steak sauce mixture over one side of each steak.
- Place steaks, sauce-side down, on grill over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6 minutes. Brush steaks with remaining sauce, and turn over. Continue to grill 4 to 6 minutes or until steaks reach 145° F on an internal meat thermometer for medium doneness. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.