- 2 Harris Teeter T-bone steaks
- 12 cloves garlic, roasted
- 3 shallots, peeled, halved, roasted
- Olive oil, as needed
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Lightly coat the garlic cloves and shallots with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Wrap the cloves in tin foil and bake for 30 minutes or until soft. Remove from the oven.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove the steaks from the fridge, cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for 45 minutes.
- Lightly coat the steaks with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the steaks on the grill. Cook 8 minutes, turn, and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- While the steaks are cooking, puree the garlic and shallots with the mustard. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Turn one of the grill burners off and place the steaks over that burner.
- Spread the mustard mixture over the top of the steaks. Close the lid of the grill and cook until final desired temperature is reached (medium rare, 135°F internal temperature).
- Remove the steaks from the grill and let stand for 5 minutes before eating.
Serving suggestions: Caesar salad and good crusty bread.