A Grill/Broil recipe with Harris Teeter Reserve Angus Sirloin or USDA Certified Tender Strip loin
Sizzling New York Strip Steaks
- 4 Harris Teeter beef sirloin strip steaks or New York strip steaks
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 4½ teaspoons fresh thyme, minced
- ¼ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, combine steak sauce, thyme, pepper and cayenne.
- Sprinkle steaks on both sides with salt. Spoon about 2 teaspoons steak sauce mixture over one side of each steak.
- Place steaks, sauce-side down, on grill over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6 minutes. Brush steaks with remaining sauce, and turn over. Continue to grill 4 to 6 minutes or until steaks reach 145° F on an internal meat thermometer for medium doneness. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.