A Pan-Fry/Stir-Fry recipe with Harris Teeter Reserve Angus Sirloin, Reserve Angus Flank or Reserve Angus Inside skirt
Southwest Cheese Steak Hoagies
- 1 1-pound Harris Teeter beef inside skirt, flank or sirloin steak
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 white onions, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and sliced thin
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 4 hoagie rolls, split and toasted
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Heat oil in a large skillet to medium-high heat. Add steak, and cook 8 to 10 minutes on each side until temperature reaches 135° F on an internal meat thermometer for medium-rare doneness. Remove meat, and let rest 5 minutes before cutting into ½-inch-thick slices.
- In same skillet, add onions and peppers, and cook until onions are brown, stirring constantly. Then, add mushrooms and garlic, and cook 5 minutes.
- Divide vegetable mixture between the toasted hoagies, top with sliced steak and cheese, and serve immediately.