A Oven Roast recipe with Harris Teeter USDA Certified Tender Strip loin
Strip Loin Roast
- 1 3.5 – 4.0 pound Harris Teeter Angus strip loin roast
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic minced Herb Mixture
- 1 teaspoon course ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh Thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Before cooking remove roast from refrigerator to bring to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Take roasting pan and place on stove top burner, sit temperature to medium-high. Add olive oil and garlic. Once pan is hot sear the roast on all sides about 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
- Place roast fat side up on a roasting rack in the center of roasting pan.
- In a small bowl mix herbs together. Sprinkle seared roast with herb mixture.
- Roast the meat to a temperature of 135-140 degrees for medium rare, for medium 140-150 degrees, using a meat thermometer. It usually takes 25-30 minutes per pound.
- Remove roast from oven, cover loosely with foil and let stand for 15-20 minutes before slicing.