A Oven Roast recipe with Harris Teeter Reserve Angus Sirloin
- 1- 3 pound Harris Teeter Angus tenderloin roast
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- ½ teaspoon course ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh Thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoons fresh Rosemary leaves, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Before cooking remove roast from refrigerator to bring to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 424 degrees. The tenderloin will have one end that is smaller and thinner than the rest of the tenderloin. Tuck 4-6' of this under the rest of the tenderloin. Tie the tenderloin at 3' intervals with kitchen string to keep its shape. Place tenderloin on a roasting rack in a roasting pan.
- In a small bowl mix rub together. Rub into the tenderloin.
- Roast the meat to a temperature of 135- 140 degrees for medium rare, for medium 140-150 degrees, using a meat thermometer. It usually takes 15-18 minutes per pound.
- Remove roast from oven, cover loosely with foil and let stand for 15-20 minutes before removing string and slicing.