- 2 Harris Teeter beef tenderloin tips
- 12 wooden skewers, 8 inch
- 2 ½ cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 1 teaspoon turmeric, ground
- ½ teaspoon cayenne, ground
- ½ teaspoon cumin, ground
- Raita, recipe follows
- Soak the skewers in water.
- Cut the beef tenderloin tips into 1 ½ inch cubes.
- In a mixing bowl combine the yogurt, lemon juice and salt. Set aside.
- Add the remaining spices to a sauté pan and toast over medium heat until fragrant. Add the spices to the yogurt mixture and mix well. Let stand for one hour in the fridge.
- Add the tips to the tandoori yogurt marinade and let stand for 4 to 6 hours in the fridge.
- Remove the tips from the marinade and slide onto skewers. About 4 tips per skewer. Dispose of leftover marinade.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Oil the grill grates and place the skewers on the grill. Cook 5 minutes per side (medium rare, 135°F internal temperature).
- Remove from the grill and serve.
Serving suggestion: jasmine rice, sautéed red and green peppers, and the raita.