A Pot Roast recipe with Harris Teeter Reserve Angus Chuck roast
Yankee Pot Roast
- 1 2 ½ pound Harris Teeter beef boneless chuck roast (arm, shoulder or blade)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (14 to 14 ½ ounces) beef broth
- ½ cup dry red wine
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen vegetable stew mixture (such as potatoes, carrots, celery and onions)
- Combine flour, salt and pepper. Lightly coat beef with 2 tablespoons of flour mixture. Heat oil in large stockpot over medium heat until hot. Place roast in stockpot, and brown evenly. Pour off drippings.
- Combine beef broth, red wine, thyme and remaining flour mixture. Add to stockpot, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover tightly, and simmer 2 hours. Add vegetables to stockpot and continue simmering 30 to 45 minutes or until roast and vegetables are fork-tender.
- Remove roast and vegetables, and keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid, if necessary.
- Carve roast into thin slices. Serve with vegetables and gravy.